Friday, April 22, 2011

My Own Wedding Cake

June 14, 2009

So my next biggest adventure was making my own wedding cake...

I decided, based on my own likings & husband's-to-be also, that we'd go for the cupcake tree look. With of course the cake on top so that we could cut something! The top tier was a 6" vanilla cake, buttercream, and covered in decorated fondant... however in all of the excitement of the day no one managed to take a picture of the top up close! But I did use the Wilton imprint mat that made it appear to have vines & leaves! It also was topped with our initials RDS... I tried to argue with the lady at the shop about them not all being the same color but she "didn't see a difference"... the S was clearly white!(see pics) The bottom 3 tiers and also covering the table were cupcakes in vanilla, lemon, and strawberry. (Whom my lovely sister Ebori decided to be oh so helpful and she baked them all for me!) I could not take the credit there. I did decorate them all by hand with Royal Blue Daisies! <---- one of our flowers. It turned out great!


I also did husband's groom's cake (big tradition here in the south). SUPERMAN of course. A strawberry cake, buttercream, covered in red/blue marbled fondant. I made the "S" symbol out of fondant too. To complete the look I found Superman & Wonderwoman (what we & friends call us) figures and placed them in front of the cake, facing each other, both with a fist going into the cake... conveniently by the time the pictures were taken some of the groomsmen decided it was funnier for Wonderwoman to be on opposite sides of the cake from Superman with her butt sticking out. (Their humor, not mine!) There was also an audience of 4 other Justice League figures 'watching' Superman & Wonderwoman tie the knot!

No comments:

Post a Comment